WHAT IS THE CARE TEAM?
A ministry group of church volunteers who work in coordination with the Pastor to offer nurturing care to the participating congregation of Woodland Hills Community Church.
WHAT DOES THE CARE TEAM DO?
The Care Team is a spiritual outreach providing assistance on a volunteer basis. As these are non-professional volunteers, no referrals or endorsement of resources are made on behalf of WHCC. The Pastor works confidentially with the Team to coordinate outreach efforts with the individual and/or family as needed. The Team is available to the congregation by:
- Assisting with phone calling
- Adding to the Prayer Chain upon request, with permission of the individual
- Visitations to home and hospital, prayerful time as needed
- Communication through the Sunday Bulletin or announcements
- Can coordinate limited meal assistance
- Transportation to church activities, if possible
Members of the Care Team include Zazel Whitney, Lyn Owen, Jeanne Mowers, Gina Low, Pam Eychner, Audrey Johnson, Signe Hardesty, Betsy Zentner, and Pastor Craig Peterson.
WHEN DOES THE CARE TEAM MEET?
The Care Team meets on the second Sunday of the month from 12:00-12:45 PM in Smith Lounge.